Thursday, November 5, 2009

A scary event happens during an OHL hockey game between the Erie Otters and Kitchener Rangers. A player named Michael Liambas crushes the defensemen Ben Fanelli into the boards behind the Rangers net. Ben WAS ready for the hit, I know there are other people who say other wise, but from my point of view, he was ready. Ben clearly set up against the boards to brace him self for the hit by Michael Liambas, but still Ben was very hurt with serious injuries. Ben Faneli received a fractured scull, lacerations on his face and remains in critical condition. There are though, signs of improvement, he is now breathing on his own. Michael Liambus is suspended indefinitely, although I do not agree with it. I was a clean hit, the results I admit did not turn out for the better, but Michael does not deserve to be suspended for this hit. The Kitchener game was delayed for 40 minutes before continuing, which I believe is ridiculous. My personal opinion, if a player were lying there motionless for 40 minutes, I would never continue the game. I’m a hockey player my self and when there is a TWO minute injury, that’s already long enough, but for 40 minutes… I don’t agree. I do understand the concern for Ben and I feel awful for his parents and what they’re going through. Ben and his, both have my respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment