Monday, November 9, 2009

As I mentioned in my other blog (Alex Ovechkin’s goal) there is more then one goal I find amazing. I find this goal unbelievable and I find it’s worthy enough to be called, “One of the best goals I’ve ever seen”. The Michigan Wolverines were playing the Minnesota Gophers on March 28 1996 at the NCAA West Regionals. It was three to three for the longest time when finally, number 15 from the Michigan Wolverines scored, which is probably the most amazing goal ever scored in College hockey even up to today. Number 15 is behind the Minnesota Gophers net with no one on him trying to get the puck away. The Michigan Wolverines were keeping the Minnesota Gophers distracted and occupied, while number 15 stood behind the net patiently waiting for someone to get open. Finally, he realises that no one is open; so to score and to win the game with the score four to three, the young college player picks up the puck and puts it in the top left hand corner, over the goalies blocker. I personally think that this should be legal if it isn’t, if you can find the time to get your stick perfectly on the puck, get it up in the air without the referees calling a high sticking penalty on you and find a way to get it in the net, that deserves to be legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment